Tuesday, October 25, 2011

We are home! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA LOVE YOU

We are home and safe! Chang Mai was one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. There was mountains that were so green and animals I have waited this whole time to see! We got there Saturday and our driver took us to see the elephants and wait for it....RIDE THEM!! I got to ride an elephant! It was so amazing, we went through the jungle to the Lady Long neck village! This village is full of girls whom wear big golden rings around their neck because they believe if they are taller the closer they are to God. They start wearing them around 5 years of age and the rings easily wear 20 pounds. We then got to see elephants play soccer, paint pictures, and lift logs! They could actually paint with their trunks! They painted flowers, trees, just anything like that. Later we went to the night market, they sale everything there!! It's all really cheap but no one was very interested in shopping so we didn't stay more than an hour. The next day (sunday) we went to the church which was just a five minute walk from the hostel. It happened to be a special conference so we listened to a broadcast from Salt Lake. Elder Scott spoke and some other members spoke, we got to listen to it in English with the headphones which was really nice. We got to witness a baptism after and of course, eat some yummy lunch! Me and Arielle hung out around the Hostel where we met some people from New Zealand and they were celebrating, because the ALL BLACKS WON THE WORLD CUP!! They were waving flags and screaming a lot haha They beat France by just one point. They told us we were more than welcome to come stay in their homes if we ever came to New Zealand so that means another trip!! haha Also on Sunday because of the special conference the sister missionaries were there. Before I even came to Thailand a lady from my dads soccer team told me about her cousin who was there serving a mission and that she would be leaving soon but she loved it in Thailand. As soon as I saw her I leaned over to Hannah and said "I think I know her cousin" haha Well I approached her after, sure as day light it was her! But it gets even crazier because she is going to Dixie in January (just like me) to finish up nursing school! She also Lived in the exact apartments I did my freshman year. It's crazy how the lord works. I come all the way to Thailand to meet a sister missionary going home to Bountiful and then to Dixie in the Spring. Chang Mai was a great experience. The beauty of everything and just meeting awesome people was great! I wouldn't change if for anything!







No comments:

Post a Comment